CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Route

Hello from Danshui!
Sorry it's been so long since I've written. Here's the bullet point list of what's happened since I last wrote.
- My dad came to visit Taiwan for 2 weeks
- the other 3 DTS staff returned to Danshui, and we had a great two weeks of staff training
- I've changed "jobs" - I'm no longer staffing DTS
- I'm now studying in the School of Biblical Studies (SBS)

Things changed quite quickly. But, we only have 6 students in the DTS that's currently running. And the leadership knew that though our 4 women staff have worked before, and enjoy working together, and are doing well and love staffing DTS; there was the possibility of one of us doing something different. So, after talking to our base director, the leader of DTS suggested that I do the Biblical studies school this year, instead of next year like I was planning. So, after praying about it, and talking to some wise counsel (including family), I decided to go for it. It is a very intense program. Lasting 9 months It's very much a full-time job. I am working 10 hours a day 5-6 days a week. But it's well worth it. Many of the people I know who have completed SBS say it was the best year of their life! (there's a picture of some homework from the first week of class on the left-hand side of this blog page)

I'm enjoying SBS, and though there are many long days, short nights, and lots of hand-cramps because I'm writing all of my homework out by hand (my computer died 2 days before SBS... God works in mysterious ways :) ), I am being stretched in molded in new, deep ways. I've also had many opportunities to share what I'm learning. Just last weekend a Taiwanese friend asked me if I would begin teaching them the Bible!! An answer to a prayer I began before SBS even officially started, and a new adventure I'm anxious to begin. :)

Thank you for your prayers, and continued support. I'm sorry it took so terribly long to update you. More to come.... from Asia.
~Miranda Kay

No comments: