CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

half way done!

Hello Everyone,
Sorry it's been awhile since I've done a "real" update (other than pictures or prayer requests). Things are going well here in Taiwan. Here are some highlights (and lowlights) from the last few weeks....
- completing the NET TESTAMENT!!!
- studying the book of Exodus for 50 hours last week! (literally 50.... we keep a time log)
- sharing Christ with a new friend Darren, at the ROCK coffee-bar - for more info, check out
my prayer requests page
- being able to spend time and connect deeper with a girl I'm discipling - Mandi (pictures of
her, and info about her on prayer requests page and photo page)
- have a couple of really good evangelistic conversations with my new friend Patient, who's
interested in coming to our coffee-bar, and has lots of questions about the Bible... the
reason she had to leave last time we were talking was because she was going to visit a
church with one of her Christian friends... woohoo!!!
- sharing about YWAM's Discipleship school, in my church yesterday
- leading worship for our SBS, and teaching team.... and singing on worship team at church
- seeing a Moody professor/friend, who's been speaking all over Taiwan (saw him Sat. 7/31)
- great late-night talks with my 2 roommates (form Taiwan and Vietnam)

- buying my plane ticket to visit home!!!
- continuing to make deeper connections with people at church - it is truly a HOME church now! My group of friends at church - enjoying bowling in honor of Tom and Sarah moving to Japan. We're sad to see them go, but praying the move helps Sarah's health!


- finding out my town, Danshui is the largest place for idol production in all of Taiwan
- sitting next to a lady on the train last night who had scars from self-mutilating temple
worship all over her arms, neck, legs, even her fingers.
- finding out my little sister is nearly as tall as I am, and will reach me by the time I make it
home..... this is a low-light for me... but a very high high-light for her... goodness!

Thanks for trackin' me down - hope you're enjoying a wonderful week. Please feel free to leave a comment, or question. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: