CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Beginning....

Beginnings... what are they? Who are they for? What do they mean? What do they give us? What can we give them? Who knows.....
In my "Christian-kid" mindset, when I think of the word "beginning" I think of Genesis 1:1 - in the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth. Well great....so I grew up in the church. But there's so much more to that word, aside from the church mentality. It means the start of new life...Beginnings mean the chance for a fresh start.... something that a lot of us need at some point in our lives. It means the opportunity to make a new name for ourselves... to impact another part of this vast world... to be challenged with new things, new disciplines... and yet another opportunity to be still and know that He is God... I guess I didn't have as much as I thought on beginnings... oh well.. forgive me...

What a mighty God we serve, though? I've been thinking lately on His power, and just... his awesomeness.. He's the only truly awesome One... ever.. for we are called to humble ourselves and stand in AWE of who He is. and what a privilage that is... to be called His child. A child.. or the King, of the Creator.. of GOD.... Jahovah Jirah has chosen me to be His beloved daughter....how can i let a day go by without standing in awe of that?!?! But i do...and shame on me for that. How incredible His creation is... and how often I miss that. The deep velvet red sunset that streamed through my window this evening.... one can't help but stop and stand in awe of such an amazing God.

More to come... the night is wasting away, and I must sleep at some point, I suppose....

No comments: