CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2009

another day, another blessing

Today we had "Base Day," a day where the entire base - staff and students get together for a day of fun, relaxation, and fellowship. We were at a really neat pool complex (which of course, they simply refer to as "a pool"... it's much more than that), that is actually fed by a mountain spring. Anyway, I was walking up and down a pebble-made path, rocking baby Kiya in my arms. She eventually fell asleep in my arms, and as I watched her sleep, the topic of the last chapter I read in Crazy Love hit me. The chapter is about the fragility of life; the meaningfulness of the here and now.

Yes, it's good to make plans, it's good to look at the details of life, it's good to "know what you're doing," and it's good to be educated. But is it the end goal of life to have a masters degree, or to make six digits, or to have accomplished the "plan" you mapped out for your life when you were a senior in high school, for what college, what degree, what line of work, what country, what ministry, what evangelistic tool you'd use the most.... these things are good, but they're not what it's about. It's about the fact that you (or I) might not make it to the end of this blog. Not something we think about all the time; but shouldn't it be? shouldn't we be making the most of not just every year, or every month of our life.... but every moment? And yes, I sit here, on the computer typing in this moment, and maybe I shouldn't... but it's the motives behind the things we do. Shouldn't we be loving people to Christ, through our actions, and if needed, our words? The grace that's saved us, shouldn't we be showing that to others? The fact that we have the incredible hope and joy and "safety" if you will, in knowing we get to spend the rest of the rest of the rest of our days, after life on Earth, with CHRIST..... that doesn't change the fact that many in the world don't have that hope, or joy, or safety. and if we take a few seconds out of every day to look at the people God has placed around us; I think that lack of hope, joy, and "safety" will become incredibly apparent.


Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, or scare anyone with this post.... just something I think God's trying to teach me now, and I thought I'd share it with you. sin=death. We have sin, we get death. Christ= hope. We have Christ, we have hope....... go live it!! =)

No comments: