CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 10, 2009

the taste

So, as promised; here's an update on the Taste. It went so much better than I could have hoped!! God is good, and we had about 50 people there; give or take a couple. And much more money was raised than I spent, which is good. :) The kids enjoyed the coloring pages, and word searches that I was able to make specifically for the Taste. The cooks were amazing, and easy to teach - I could not have done it without either of them; nor the other family members who helped set up, and tear down, and what not. :) I shared a bit of more in-depth information about what I'll be doing next year, and we had a fun time playing a trivia game I created about Taiwan, and Asian culture. It was great seeing some people try chicken feet too - they were brave!

And, with some updated info from Taiwan - My support is about 75% of the way in.... maybe a bit more. As of 5 days ago, or so, we had 7 students, and a few more are projected to be added to our numbers within the next 4 weeks until school!! As I continue to get closer to my departure date, and as I find out more things that have changed since I left; I continue to get more excited about this next season of life!!

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support over these last days in America. I covet them greatly - and am thankful that God continues to stir my heart for Taiwan, and the Asian people, and He has been amazingly faithful in preparing my heart for this year!

No comments: